One of our friends from church brought us spaghetti squash. This was our first experience eating it and we loved it! Her recipe is below!
Ingredients: Spaghetti Squash, Butter, Salt, Pepper
1. Rinse the spaghetti squash and use a fork to poke holes all over it.
2. Microwave for 7-9 minutes.
3. Cut the spaghetti squash in half from the stem to the base (be careful, it is hot!)
4. Clean out the seeds and pulp.
I let Isaac play with the seeds and pulp--what a great sensory activity! (I put a little cold water in the bowl to cool the pulp down.) Does anyone know if you can roast and eat spaghetti squash seeds like you can pumpkin seeds?
5. Use a fork to scrape out the squash from the shell. It should pull away easily and look like cooked spaghetti!
6. Place in a baking dish, dot with butter, and season with salt and pepper.
7. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
What other ways have you cooked spaghetti squash?