Thursday, October 13, 2011

About


About Me
I'm a follower of Jesus, a wife to a wonderful man, and a mom to two little ones. I grew up in a small town in Pennsylvania and went to college at Cedarville University in Ohio, graduating with a degree in Early Childhood Education/Special Education and a minor in Bible.

I met my husband Michael at Cedarville (even though he grew up less than an hour from me back in PA!). We married and moved to Baltimore where I taught third grade in the city. We then moved back to PA and I began serving at our church as the Director of Children's Ministries. Michael and I moved three times in our first three years of marriage!

In March of 2010, we were blessed with our first son, Isaac. Then in July of 2011, our second blessing, Joel, came along. What an adventure it is raising two little ones who were born only 16 months apart!



HIJ...&M
When we were choosing names for our first baby, Michael and I had a terrible time trying to come up with a name we could both agree on. Since we waited for the baby's birth to find out if the baby was a boy or girl, we had to come up with two names we both liked! We finally agreed on Isaac for a boy (meaning: laughter). Soon after his birth, someone joked with us that we should name our babies in alphabetical order, since I'm the H, Isaac is the I and then we would only have a few more to go until we reached Michael, the M!

When we found out we were expecting #2, we actually both liked the name Joel (meaning: Jehovah is God). So we had our J! We'll see if we keep it going whenever our third little one joins our family, but for now we are HIJ...&M!

The Blog
I decided to start blogging in September of 2011 for a few different reasons. First, I wanted a way to chronicle the activities of our family. Second, I wanted to keep myself accountable to doing fun/frugal/educational things with my little ones. And lastly, in planning things for my family to do, I've found too many good things to just keep to myself, so a blog will give me a place to share them!

No comments:

Post a Comment